Are you interested in seeing your code positively impact countless patient's lives every day by building the future of healthcare? Are you hopeful about what data and medical research can do to improve medicine?
We are searching for a Senior Front End Engineer that's a master in large-scale React applications. As a Senior Front End Engineer, you will be a critical member of our engineering team revamping our existing software experience and helping build our future software from the ground up using modern front-end technologies.
This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the company’s technology, but one where you’ll have influence over our whole application. You will be regularly challenged to build and maintain an application that collects large amounts of information about patients and helps researchers perform complex data analysis. At PatientIQ, engineers have the chance to work on different areas of our applications and tech stacks.
PatientIQ is a fast-growing health tech company empowering healthcare providers, industry, researchers, and others to collaborate on the mission to improve patient outcomes. PatientIQ is headquartered in Chicago and backed by top-tier west coast venture capital, major hospital investors, and others.
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Capybara, Selenium, CircleCI
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- AWS Lambda, Serverless
- Design, build and test a new React application
- Own and evolve our UI component library, standards, and best practices to streamline development and ensure consistency across products
- Work with product managers and designers to realize new interfaces & product features
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure the team is producing well tested and maintainable code
- Help establish development processes & standards
- Help prioritize tech debt and determine when to refactor code
- Mentor teammates
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience building web applications
- Ability to write clean, well designed, and scalable code
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment: interactions with the leadership team, product managers, and customer success teams
- UI/UX experience is a plus
- Meaningful equity - our employees own a stake in PatientIQ and are emboldened to build something great
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust you to take the time you need when you feel it is appropriate, given your workload and responsibilities. No need to track it or save up.
- Comprehensive benefits package including top-notch health, dental, vision insurance, and 401K.
- Remote friendly - now and always
- Virtual happy hours, team demo days, company outings, and more