Are you interested in seeing your testing efforts positively impact countless patients lives every day by building the future of healthcare? Are you hopeful about what data and medical research can do to improve medicine?
We are searching for a Senior QA Engineer that's seasoned veteran tester around large production applications. As a Senior QA engineer, you will be a critical member of our engineering team revamping our existing software experience and helping build our future software from the ground up using modern technologies.
This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the company’s technology, but one where you’ll have influence over our whole application. You will be regularly challenged to help test and maintain a scalable application that collects large amounts of information about patients and helps researchers perform complex data analysis. At PatientIQ, QA engineers have the chance to work on different areas of our applications and tech stacks. You will be involved in the active testing of all the parts of our technical stack.
PatientIQ is a fast-growing health tech company empowering healthcare providers, industry, researchers, and others to collaborate on the mission to improve patient outcomes. PatientIQ is headquartered in Chicago and backed by top-tier west coast venture capital, major hospital investors, and others.
What you'll work on:
- PatientIQ Network: build the largest peer network for healthcare providers to collaborate, share de-identified data, and investigate rare diseases and novel techniques to push the boundaries of medicine
- Analytics Autopilot: advance the capabilities of our analytics engine to offer more sophisticated predictions, data visualizations, and insights
- Patient Engagement: automate patient workflows based upon disease status, procedures, and other clinical events with our rules-engine and patient portal
- 3rd Party Integrations: grow our library of 3rd party integrations, including with electronic medical records, wearables, and other healthcare partners
- Scaling: refactor existing systems and optimize the platform for scaling and increasing data flow
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Capybara, Selenium, CircleCI
- GraphQL, Apollo
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- AWS Lambda, Serverless
- Assist with defining and refining user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Thoughtfully plan and implement testing strategies for new and existing features
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to understand and test new product features
- Review and improve our tests and coverage for our products
- Research, implement and Improve testing tools and processes to continuously improve our product quality
- Analyze defects to determine how to improve our development process
- Work with others to perform root cause analysis, identify trends and corrective actions
- Assist with mentoring of teammates
What we look for:
- 4-5+ years of hands on experience in testing Web Applications
- Extremely strong QA mindset, ability to quickly think how to break things and find issues with complicated UIs.
- Ability to convert business requirements to test cases
- Able to provide high level estimates on QA efforts based on work effort
- Comfortable executing test plans and test cases as well as ability to clearly analyze and present test results
- Ability to capture and report testing status, metrics and progress against a project plan
- Strong Communication: Able to communicate with internal customers in non-technical terms
- Works under minimal supervision, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals
- rSpec experience
- Web automation skills
- Experience setting up and maintaining test environments
- SQL knowledge
- Meaningful equity - our employees own a stake in PatientIQ and are emboldened to build something great
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust you to take the time you need when you feel it is appropriate, given your workload and responsibilities. No need to track it or save up.
- Comprehensive benefits package - including top-notch health, dental, vision insurance, and 401K
- Remote friendly - now and always
- True startup culture - Virtual happy hours, lunch and learns, team demo days, and more