PatientIQ is a fast-growing health tech company empowering healthcare providers, industry, researchers, and others to collaborate on the mission to improve patient outcomes. PatientIQ is headquartered in Chicago and backed by top-tier west coast venture capital, major hospital investors, and others.
About the Role
Do you want to build products that impact countless patient’s lives every day? Are you hopeful about what data and medical research can do to improve medicine?
We are searching for a Staff Engineer who will help define the technical vision and architecture of our products and web applications. You’ll focus on optimizing for performance, engineering efficiency, and scalability and will be responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
Your work would be integral in creating an impactful software platform used by PatientIQ’s customers— top 100 healthcare institutions and research organizations across the US. You would build applications for collecting patient data to help researchers perform complex analysis to improve patient outcomes.
What You'll Work On
- PatientIQ Network: build the largest peer network for healthcare providers to collaborate, share de-identified data, and investigate rare diseases and novel techniques to push the boundaries of medicine
- Analytics Autopilot: advance the capabilities of our analytics engine to offer more sophisticated predictions, data visualizations, and insights
- Patient Engagement: automate patient workflows based upon disease status, procedures, and other clinical events with our rules engine and patient portal
- 3rd Party Integrations: grow our library of 3rd party integrations, including electronic medical records, wearables, and other healthcare partners
- Scaling: refactor existing systems and optimize the platform for scaling and increasing data flow
Technologies We Use
- Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Capybara, Selenium, CircleCI
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- AWS Lambda, Serverless
What You Will Do
- Work with Product Managers, Designers and our engineering teams to architect solutions and execute with hands-on prototyping, development, and testing
- You will mentor and provide technical guidance to a talented team of engineers, ensuring our products meet technical requirements and quality standards, as well as follow adopted software architecture and design patterns
- Lead software architecture and technical design to translate business requirements into SaaS that is usable, reliable, scalable, and secure
What You Will Likely Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of full-stack experience building, architecting, and deploying web applications
- Experience working in a stack that includes Ruby on Rails, GraphQL and React (bonus points for prior experience in healtech)
- Desire to work in an early-stage organization with lots of impact on the future direction of our company
- A willingness to mentor others and develop talent, provide technical leadership across the stack, and can get your hands dirty when needed
- Meaningful equity - our employees own a stake in PatientIQ and are emboldened to build something great
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust you to take the time you need when you feel it is appropriate, given your workload and responsibilities. No need to track it or save up.
- Comprehensive benefits package including top-notch health, dental, vision insurance, and 401K.
- Remote friendly - now and always
- Virtual happy hours, lunch and learns, team demo days, company outings, and more